So things really must have heated up! These Yoga classes are always quite steamy and I get a bit hot under the collar. You can really feel the burn after a good workout.
It was meant to be a hot yoga class, just not quite that hot.
A Melbourne yoga studio has apologised after a fire broke out during an evening class, forcing its clients to be evacuated.
The fire broke out in the basement of the Bikram Hot Yoga studio at Ascot Vale just after 9pm on Monday night, forcing those attending a class on the first floor to be evacuated. No one was hurt.
“We were just going down into a backward bend and heard some noises,” one woman who was evacuated told the ABC. “The next minute there was a fire. That’s hot yoga for you.”
In a Facebook post, the studio wrote: “We apologise for any inconvenience but we feel it’s best to cancel the 630/930am classes tomorrow due to a fire emergency & evacuation that took place at the premises this evening.”
On its website, the studio described Bikram as “conducted in a room heated to 38.5 degrees Celsius with a humidity of 40% to assist in greater flexibility, reduce muscle strain and help cleanse and detoxify the body”.
guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2010